The seat belt alarm warning beeper is a useful security feature designed to remind car passengers to fasten their seat belts. However, in some cases, you may feel like it is a bit excessive and that you are an adult who doesn’t need a constant reminder to buckle up. Fortunately, Lexus provided an easy way to disable the seat belt buzzer reminder that doesn’t require any special tools or programming equipment. And it only takes a few minutes to complete.
How to Disable Seat Belt Buzzer
Step-by-step Instructions With Pictures
- Turn on the ignition
- Make sure that the trip information display is set to show the ODO reading (and not Trip A or Trip B)
- Turn off the car
- Do not fasten your seatbelt!
- Press the Engine Start button twice to turn on the ignition without starting the engine (your foot must be off the brake pedal).
- Wait for a few seconds until you see the odometer information display
- Immediately after that press and hold the trip reset button for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds passed, keep holding the trip reset button and fasten the driver’s seatbelt
- You should see the B-On or B-Off message appear on the trip information display. You can let go off of the trip reset button now.
- You can toggle the beeper on or off by pressing the trip reset button. Select the B-off option to turn off the beeper.
- Start the car and test if you successfully turned off the seat belt buzzer.
If the above method didn’t work, try to turn off your car twice in Step # 2. Next, repeat the rest of the steps just like in the first method to turn off the seatbelt beeper. If it still doesn’t work try both methods a few times and make sure your timing is correct.
The above instructions were shown on the example of Lexus IS250 or IS350, but these instructions will also work on many other Lexus models including CT200h, ES250, ES300, ES330, ES350, GS F, GS200t, GS300, GS350, GS400, GS430, GS450h, GS460, GX460, GX470, HS250h, IS F, IS200t, IS250c, IS300, IS350c, LFA, LS400, LS430, LS460, LS600h, LX450, LX470, LX570, NX200t, NX300h, RC F, RC200t, RC300, RC350, RX300, RX330, RX350, RX400h, RX450h, SC300, SC400, or SC430.